May 1, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Sparkling Wedding Fair at the Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong


Last Saturday J and I joined the Sparkling Wedding Fair at the Mandarin Oriental. The fair lasted from 1:30pm to 6pm with the rundown as follows:

1:30pm - 2:00 pm: Guest reception
2:00pm - 2:10pm Welcoming speech and MC acknowledgement
2:10pm - 2:20pm Wedding dance performance
2:20pm - 2:35pm Sharing on the new trends of venue decoration
2:35pm - 2:55pm Make-up and hairstyling demonstration to go with your wedding gown
2:55pm - 3:10pm Sharing on photography trends
3:10pm - 3:40pm Bridal catwalk show with luxury jewellery
3:40pm - 4:10 pm Consultation sessions for vendors and hotel
4:10 pm - 4:15pm MC acknowledgement
4:15pm - 4:25pm Demonstration of creative wedding cakes
4:35pm - 4:50pm Wedding planner presentation
4:50pm - 5:10pm Make-up and hairstyling demonstration to go with your evening gown
5:10pm - 5:40pm Lucky draw
5:40pm - 6:00pm MC wrap up & hotel acknowledgement
6:00 pm End of the show

Whoa! We were quite busy indeed! Venue decoration, floral arrangements, make-up, hairstyling, dresses, wedding cakes... The fair was really inspiring! We did get some very nice ideas, specially regarding the flowers. I particularly fell in love with these roses on the picture below, so gorgeous!


I also loved the carnations hanging from the chair in a ball like these ones below! I guess I really am into carnations ^^


This table below was prettily decorated, too! I just don't like this Chinese style tablecloth, I think a plain color tablecloth would be way better. Unfortunately, the venue we booked for our Hong Kong wedding uses the same kind of tablecloth. I wonder if J will agree on buying plain color ones for our 18 tables just for that one day? :p



In case you are wondering what the Lucky Draw on the rundown was, let me tell you, it was AMAZING! I so wish I got it :D These are the six prizes that were given away!

1. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong: One-night weekend stay in a Harbour Room with breakfast
2. The Mandarin Cake Shop: One personalised wedding cake (to the value of HKD10,000)
3. Pierre: Dinner in Pierre Gagnaire's Michelin-staarred restaurant
4. Man Wan: Dinner in the awar-winning Cantonese restaurant, Man Wah (to the value of HKD2,000)
5. The Mandarin Spa: Utopia Advanced Anti-ageing Facial (valued at HKD 2,090)
6. The Mandarin Spa: Mandarin Oriental Signature Spa Therapy (valued at 1,925)

The unbelievable thing is how many names were called of people that left the place before the lucky draw. I mean, seriously??? How can you let these prizes escape!? I'm personally considering joining next year again even though I'm already married just for the lucky draw! The whole fair is actually such a nice event, time flies! Plus there's free flow of champagne, orange juice and Perrier during the whole time, you can imagine! Some yummy appetizers were also served around 4pm.


l had a lot of fun, and J did, too! We didn't have the chance to plan our Barcelona wedding together a month ago when I went back to Barcelona because he couldn't join me, but we most certainly did enjoy this wedding planning together last Saturday! :)






11 comments:

  1. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine.
    And if you want we can follow
    each other here, on bloglovin and
    via GFC?
    Let me know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear! Nice blog!
    Do you want to follow eachother? I wait for you soon!
    There are more about wedding chez moi!
    (:D)!!
    MEGA SPARKLE KISS FROM ROME!
    Federica
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am following now olivia!!
      Thanks for stopping by me I wait for you soon!
      Federica smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

      Delete
  3. I love hanging carnations! Adds such a cute yet classy touch for weddings.

    xo,

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deco was so wonderful !
    Loved !
    And you look lovely on the photos !
    xo

    www.chicreaction.com

    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so beautiful for a wedding!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding!!!
    Btw I love your blog layout! Where could I get this layout!? I love how you have the buttons on the right side like "the proposal" and such. Please help! Thanks My email Is livithali@gmail.com

    Www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely look;)U are beautiful!
    perfect wedding!

    kisses

    http://msanaweber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deco is fabulous and you look so pretty! Thanks for your lovely comment, of course we can follow each other, following you now:)
    xx
    Quiestinquiestout

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does seem like tons of fun! I'm loving the carnation poms - how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like HK star Aaron Kwok Fu-shing is a Hong Kong singer, dancer and actor.He is very handsome, cool and very nice person. Aaron Kwok Fu-shing have a lot kinds of sports cars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia