July 22, 2013

Valrhona Chocolate Afternoon Tea - The Langham Hong Kong


Last Saturday J and I decided to try the new Valrhona chocolate afternoon tea available at The Langham Hotel exclusively during the month of July. This is a special afternoon tea that differs on their traditional Tiffin afternoon tea on the middle and the top layers of the tea set, which are now filled with Valrhona chocolate treats! J's favorite layer was the middle one, full of Valrhona delicacies, so you can tell the French luxury chocolate manufacturer does have something special! I personally enjoyed the bottom and the middle layers the most. Oh, and the scones, too, which are ones of the best I've tried in Hong Kong! The scones {one plain and one raisin for each of us} were brought to us when we were almost done with the second layer, which I didn't like that much since I usually like having the scones in the beginning of the afternoon tea. Now with this said, the scones were really good! And even better was the clotted cream and the jams that came with them! The clotted cream was really thick and rich, again one of the best I've had in town, and then there was strawberry jam and rose jam. I had never tried rose jam in my life before and LOVED it! I wanted to take a pot of that jam back home <3


My favorite was the Colonel tart, the lime and Opalys white chocolate tart in the middle layer. It was flawless! One of the best lime/lemon tarts I've ever had! I'd say the whole set was very good, and at this price {HK$408 for two}, is one of the molt complete sets I've found in Hong Kong.


Afternoon tea at The Langham is served at Palm Court, in the hotel lobby. The venue is very Victorian, old-style elegant and full of ornamentation. The lighting is totally yellow without no natural sunlight, which made it very difficult for me to take nice pictures unfortunately!




Whenever I go for afternoon tea, I always pay close attention to the tableware because for me it's just as important as the food itself. The Langham Hong Kong was up to my expectations with nice china tea cups and a silver tea pot. The tea selection was nice, The Langham has its own tea blend and I almost went for it, but I finally decided on the Vanilla Black Tea from Germany, which was very strong but good.





Visited on: July 20, 2013
Overall Quality: 4*
Price: HK$408 + 10% service charge for the Valrhona chocolate afternoon tea set for two
Value for Money: 4.5*
Would I recommend it? Definitely! If you like chocolate and afternoon tea, this is a must try! Remember though, only available until July 31st! After that, you can still enjoy their traditional Tiffin afternoon tea.



I was wearing my new ShoeMint Adrienne shoes via Zalora that you saw on my last post. This is my first pair of ShoeMint shoes and it was about time, because I LOVE all their shoes! You probably know ShoeMint is Rachel Bilson's brand, so no wonder all the shoes are so pretty, she's so stylish herself! They don’t ship to HK from their website… but fortunately, there’s Zalora Hong Kong! That's how I got mine :D The t-shirt is from my shop Frill Me, and the peplum skirt is from Zara.






1 comment:

  1. I love your high tea posts! :)

    <3Jessie
    http://iejessie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia