July 15, 2013

Afternoon Tea at Sky Lounge - Sheraton Hotel




On Thursday right before going to the Totoro exhibition in Harbour City, Connie and I went for high tea at the Sheraton Hotel, in Tsim Sha Tsui. The Sky Lounge on the 18th floor has spectacular harbour views, and it's a nice place for either afternoon tea or night drinks. The high tea sets are individual, which I had never seen in any other venue. It's quite nice actually, since it spares you from having to be cutting the petit fours to share. I mentioned several times how I prefer the afternoon tea sets which have double of everything because I really don't feel like cutting the food to share! Their tea selection was not good, just the regular tea bags (English breakfast, Earl Grey, Peppermint, etc.). Alternatively you can drink juice or coffee. 




The food was quite good, and the macaron was particularly outstanding! I loved the carrot cake, too. I might have preferred two scones per person instead of one since it's my favorite part from afternoon tea, but I was really full by the end of the whole thing, so I guess one is just fine.



This is not one of the best afternoon tea sets in town, but it's worth giving it a try if you're a high tea junkie like me!



Visited on: July 11, 2013
Overall Quality: 4* (Good food and atmosphere, bad tea selection)
Price: HK$218 + 10% service charge per person (15% off with HSBC platinum credit card)
Value for Money: 4*
Would I recommend it? Yes, why not! Make sure to book a table next to the window.


5 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I love these tea posts, and the view is divine! <3

    ladyindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow looks so lovely!
    great that there is individual tea sets :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Later, the Duchess began to invite friends along in the afternoon and it wasn't long before other social hostesses latched on to the idea.
    restaurants in kent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little birdies on the tea stands!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia