July 15, 2013

Teakha tea house - A hidden gem in Sheung Wan



Right after getting my hair fabulously done at Airplay blow dry bar a couple of weeks ago, I met my fiancé to go try a place for afternoon tea we had been wanting to go to ever since it first opened about a year ago. In fact, we had been there before on a Monday, just to realize that it's closed on Mondays! It was such a disappointment because, trust me, getting there is no easy task! It's up up up in Sheung Wan, so you need to walk uphill for about ten minutes from Sheung Wan MTR station! 




Teakha is special because of its rustic, homemade feel. Teakha uses only organic ingredients for its handmade products and, let me assure you, you can feel the difference. Their green tea cheesecake is one of the best cakes I've had in my whole life, it was THAT awesome. And, judging by what other people were saying about their choices of cakes / cookies, the cheesecake was not the only delicious thing at Teakha! For drinks both J and I went for the Masala Chai, which was SO spiced I couldn't finish it. I would certainly not have it again, but this doesn't mean it wasn't good! It had just too many spices for me. 




Teakha has free wifi, making it an ideal place to bring your laptop and get some work done while sipping tea and having a yummy cake. You don't wanna do this on a weekend though, I heard it gets CROWDED, and the place is real tiny! 




Visited on: July 4, 2013
Overall Quality: 5*
Price: Around HK$40 for a drink, and HK$40 for a cake
Value for Money: 5*
Would I recommend it? Definitely! I'm already in love with this place!

Teakha
Shop B, 18 Tai Ping Shan Street
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
11am - 7pm (Tue - Sun)

I was wearing Yellow Top & Rose Necklace from my shop Frill Me

3 comments:

  1. cool!
    take a look my blog, I'm a HK blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks like such a gem! The green tea cake looks SO good too :B

    ladyindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wo that cake, Im going to search for a recipe, it looks so good! What a cute place.
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia