July 29, 2013

Life Cafe - Vegetarian Lifestyle in Soho




Life Cafe is a two-storey vegetarian restaurant in Soho, where all the ingredients used to prepare the food are organic. The restaurant is pricey, but given the location and the quality of the food, I’d say is worth it. You can also buy organic products and ingredients as if it was a store. I don’t usually go to vegetarian restaurants because J is a meat lover, so vegetarians treats are reserved for my girlfriends. This time I went with Juliana, who loves vegetarian food. 




You might remember I reviewed another vegetarian restaurant a while ago, The Herbivores, at less than 2 minutes walking distance from Life Cafe. I liked the food at Life Cafe way better, specially their “Life Shake”.  The shake is made out of homemade soy yogurt, banana, papaya and spirulina. As you can see from the picture, the shake is totally green, so you can imagine how much spirulina is in there! For those of you who don’t know, Spirulina is a dietary supplement that gives you all the vitamins you can find in green vegetables and fruit. I try to take spirulina every day, because I feel I never eat enough green vegetables! Now that you know the main properties of spirulina, you can imagine how healthy Life Cafe’s “Life Shake” is and, here's the comes the best part, it’s even yummier! This got me thinking I should buy a milkshake machine and start making my own shakes at home. I’m drooling just at the thought of it.


I had the mushroom pizza, which was the most acclaimed dish according to my previous research, and Juliana had the stir fry quinoa. Our mains were a bit expensive, at around HK$120, so a better option might be the lunch set, which comes with a drink, a soup/salad, a main dish and a cookie, all for HK$118 + 10% service charge. The only bad thing about the lunch set is you don’t get to choose the main course, which is fixed and changes every day.



Visited on: July 22, 2013
Overall Quality: 4*
Price: HK$120 for a main dish and HK$50 for a shake. Pricey, pricey…
Value for Money: 4*
Would I recommend it? Yes, definitely. You’re gonna love this place if you enjoy vegetarian cuisine.

10 Shelley Street, Soho

I was wearing the mini roses ivory skater skirt from my shop Frill Me!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post however I was wondering if you could write a little more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little further. Appreciate it!
    nila
    People & Lifestyle Photographer Phoenix

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia