July 13, 2013

Donguri Republic and Totoro Exhibition at LCX - Harbour City



On June 21st, Donguri Republic, a Japanese store selling character-themed merchandise from Studio Ghibli, opened in Hong Kong. Studio Ghibli's popular films include My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, among others. Besides opening the store, they organized an exhibition of My Neighbor Totoro in LCX, Harbour City. To be completely honest, I had no idea this store opened in Hong Kong, and I saw it on Thursday afternoon on the bus TV. I looooove Totoro since I was a little kid, so on Thursday after having afternoon tea with my friend, I asked her to go take a look at Totoro's exhibition!


There's many lovely scenes from the movie hanging on the walls, and there's also a big Totoro in the bus stop to take pictures with! In case you're not familiar with the movie, this is the most popular scene from My Neighbor Totoro, so it was really nice being able to take a picture pretending to be the girl on the movie :D




I discovered My Neighbor Totoro accidentally when I was about 10 years old, I remember it was a public holiday or a Sunday morning, I turned on the TV and Totoro was there! I had no idea it was a movie, since all the cartoons I used to watch were usually tv series, and I got completely addicted to Totoro and thought the day after they would have more episodes, but of course there weren't any... It's definitely the best cartoon movie ever, ever! 





Make sure to stop by LCX in Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, before July the 31st to be able to take a look at this exhibition! Regarding the store, I wouldn't recommend trying to go any time soon unless it's on a weekday when everyone's in the office. Last weekend people were queuing for 3 hours to get in there!!! Hello, crazy Hong Kong people!? Ok, I admit I queued for 30 minutes myself on Thursday at 6pm!










3 comments:

  1. OMG I love Totoro (Kiki's Delivery Service)! Wish they had something like this in the US! And I love how they set up parts of the movie, like the bus stop!!! Awesome pics :B

    ladyindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of Studio Ghibli's works too! Wish I could visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Not sure I can be bothered to queue to get in the store though -.-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia