January 26, 2013

The Press Room: my new favorite restaurant in Hong Kong


Thursday night J treated me dinner at The Press Room to celebrate Xenia's day {Xenia is my first name while Olivia is my middle name, and even though some people celebrate both their first and middle name's day, I only ever celebrate Xenia's one}




I heard many good things about The Press Room and I was dying to try it out. I can tell you I wasn't disappointed, more on the contrary, I was unexpectedly surprised by everything at The Press Room, to the point that it is now my favorite restaurant in Hong Kong!
We started our dinner with some complimentary bread and butter. Then we ordered a starter, a risotto, a main dish and a dessert to share as follows.





* Foie Gras Ballotine with truffled French beans
* Wild Mushroom and Morel Risotto with Shaved Winter Truffles
* Duck Confit with wilted spinach and wild berry jus
* Crêpes with Chocolate sauce, hazelnuts and vanilla ice cream

The food was exquisite {Michelin star calling!}, I specially enjoyed the Foie Gras, and the service was polite and professional too. The atmosphere is very special, the whole restaurant is very dark, iluminated only by dim lights located on the corners. It was an amazing dinner experience that I would be glad to repeat soon. In my humble opinion, this is the best restaurant in Hong Kong !



Visited on: January 24, 2013
Overall Quality: 5*
Price: $650 for the dishes above
Value for Money: 5*
Would I recommend it? Hands down! You can't miss on this one!

The Press Room
108 Hollywood Rd, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia