January 5, 2013

A matcha party at Sinmei Tea

Sinmei Tea is a small tea shop located on the fifth floor of a commercial building in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island. J and I visited Sinmei Tea on New Year's Eve, before taking the boat where we rang 2013 in. I'm a big fan of anything green tea, and since this cafe specializes exactly on that, I was thrilled to try it out! 



We ordered a Chai Chai {matcha powder, spices and milk}, and a Matcha Loaf Cake. To tell you the truth, I was disappointed by both. Both the drink and the cake tasted a bit too artificial, I guess due to too much matcha powder. The texture of the loaf bread was great but then it didn't taste as good. 
Besides, quality wise everything was overpriced, specially the drinks, which come in a small glass and cost HK$32. Certainly not a place I would recommend.


Visited on: December 31, 2012
Overall Quality: 2*
Price: HK$32 for a drink and HK$25 for a piece of cake = HK$57
Value for Money: 2*
Would I recommend it? Unfortunately not.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, useful info ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm i'm getting hungry looking at that food jaja
    lovely blog ;)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQ0A-kgY0Q

    http://lauragonzalezmenendez.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. cake looks delicious, but that drink...not really tempting ... i love green tea though...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia