November 4, 2012

Engagement celebration lunch at Petrus



Last Sunday J and I went for a special lunch with my parents to celebrate our engagement. We chose the Michelin starred French restaurant Petrus, located in the Hong Kong Shangri-la Hotel. The restaurant was suggested to me by my French colleague Marie, who introduced this to me as one of the best French restaurants in town. After our experience at Petrus, I’m glad to confirm that she was right.


We went for the Lunch Set Menu, reasonably priced at HK$428 for two dishes or HK$488 for three dishes, including a glass of wine and tea or coffee. We had the three dishes set consisting of an appetizer, a soup and a main course. The lunch started off with a selection of bread and butter. As with most top-notch restaurants, Petrus uses Christofle's silver plated flatware. 




Below are the pictures of some of the food we ordered: 1. Slow-cooked organic egg, Jabugo ham and wild mushrooms; 2. Warm lobster salad, pig head with radish and pickles; 3. Seared duck liver with fresh dates and pomegranate molasses; 4&5. Bouchot mussel and Quercy saffron bouillon (before and after pouring the soup); 6. Light wild herbs and salad bouillon, vegetables glazed in ham juice; 7. Salt-baked celery root, macaroni gratin with black truffle and wild herbs; 8. Roast lamb rack, Aligot mashed potatoes and crunchy salad shoots. I had the foie gras, the mussel soup and the lamb, and all  of them were mouth-watering. 





 
Cheese trolley
I loved the baroque interior decor at Petrus, similar to that in a French castle, with all the chandeliers, black marble, columns and Impressionist paintings. The views of Hong Kong from this 56th floor restaurant are also worth mentioning!

Outside Petrus after lunch


Visited on: 28 October, 2012
Overall Quality: 5*
Spending per head: HK$488 + 10% service charge
Value for Money: 5*
Would I recommend it? Yes, Petrus is not to be missed!

PS. Thank you all for your blessings and best wishes on my engagement announcement post... I really appreciate it!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, now I see where you've got the good looks from! ;)
    I hope you all had a great day together as a 'new' family.

    Follow the Royal Peach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my deepest congratulations!
    You really make a cute couple :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your look!!!! wonderful top..

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a very nice shoes !!! very pretty shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what an amazing restaurant! huge congrats c:

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see where you get your beautiful hair from! And I love, LOVE those Zara flats.

    Congratulations! <3

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Olivia !!! :) I really like your outfit...

    R.

    http://rougezo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your engagement! You guys make suuuuch a great couple :) The ring is beautiful~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  9. COngrats on your engagement. I got engaged earlier this year so I know the excitement. You looked great and loved your shoes. Just found your blog and I'm now a new follower. CHeck out my blog and join:

    www.StyleDeLaCreme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love French cuisine and I like your post, I'll give it a try next time when I'm back to HK. You have exquisite taste and I love your shoes !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog :) and the pictures are nice. congrats on the engagement :)

    http://athousandhappythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. M'encanta l'estilisme que portaves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey!! Good to know about your engagement lunch. You look fabulous in the outfit. Have been a part of my cousin’s engagement party at one of LA venue. There I liked everything especially the delicious food. Really had an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia