October 29, 2012

I'm engaged!

I'm engaged!!! I'm typing these words and I still can't believe this is true. It's not like it happened yesterday, it was already two weeks ago, but my excitement hasn't gone down by a bit. I've been busy these couple of weeks sharing the news with my family and best friends and, I must confess, I was really looking forward to share these HUGE news on my blog!
J proposed to me on Sunday the 14th of October. It was a traditional and private marriage proposal, 100% my style. J always says he knows me better than anyone, even better than myself, and I'm starting to believe he has a point!


It was Sunday afternoon and we were getting ready to attend J's cousin's wedding. He was ready and waiting for me in the living room while I was still finishing my makeup in the room. When I finally step out of the room, saying that I was ready to go, he suddendly held me very tight (nothing weird until this point because he does so very often), and then... He got down on one knee!!!! I genuinely thought he was kidding because it came totally unexpected and we were already late for his cousin's wedding. So I just said: You're kidding, right? Well, he certainly wasn't!!! He pulled out a dark red velvet box from his pocket, opened it and asked me to marry him. I couldn't believe my eyes, nor my ears, nor anything, everything seemed so surreal! I was so in shock I couldn't even take a good look at the diamond ring in the box, I just new it was big and shiny. I started saying: Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God!!!! My brain was having trouble processing all the information, and I was getting all emotional. I finally said: Yes, yes, yes! And just like that threw myself at his arms. Then both of us stood up and, shaking, he took my left hand and slid the engagement diamond ring on my ring finger. I could tell he was really nervous, and so was I! Tears of happiness came down like a cascade and ruined the makeup I had prepared for the wedding we were attending. But I didn't care, at that moment there was no one in this world other than J and I. It was all about us, a moment filled with love that we shall never forget, for it signifies a deep promise from the bottom of our hearts: that of marrying and therefore being together for the rest of our life.
J and I a couple of hours after the proposal
Now a year full of preparations and excitement for our big day is waiting for us. I'm sure it's going to be an unforgettable year!


36 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both. :D The ring is so beautiful!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. magic ;-))


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And you have a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a lovely story and what a stunning couple you make! I love your blog!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations...u look so pretty...what a lovely couple :)
    may god bless....all the best
    lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations!!!! lovely ring and romantic proposal, just as mine was. and believe me you will enjoy in every single second of preparing THE DAY. Mine is in one month and I'm super excited :D I'm so happy to see people in happy and healthy relationships :D
    congratulations once more :D

    http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! Sweeet! Congratulations pretty! You look so perfect together <333

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! and happy ever after... :)
    I can't imagine how happy you are right now!
    Really happy for you, you look amazing! Congrats!
    I follow u!

    Besos, M!
    www.atouchofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! :)
    To both of you... ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Beautiful ring.
    I am engaged too :-).

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!!! You 2 make a gorgeous couple!!!!

    xoxo

    http://fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!Beautilul ring!

    xoxo:LittleMucli

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations!!!!!! this is so exciting! my best wishes for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Extremely happy for you! Congratulations wish you a happy lifetime together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwh that's so cuute!! Congratulations you both! So happy for you :) xx

    xoxo, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations!!! you two look like a beautiful couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations:) Really beautiful pictures and your ring is stunning!! You are so cute togethter:)

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg, really conratulations, awn! :)
    bisous x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!Your ring is beautiful! I was just coming on to tell you I have nominated you for the Liebster and Versataille Blogger award when I saw this great news!

    Check out my page for more details :)

    http://barefacedbeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey congratulations!!!
    You comment a post of mine
    I'm gonna watch the video! Nice blog! Do you want to follow each other?
    xx Olivia

    Do you remember? It would be nice if you keep your promise!

    Now I have made a new DIY Video!

    www.different-colouredsocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for visiting! We followed you hope you do the same!
    Congratulations! Love your rock! :)

    www.chpdzn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats!!! Let me know if you need a high quality veil for a good price :) Just go to my etsy shop from my blog if you are interested.

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    Current Giveaway - The Printed Mint

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow! I have just discovered your blog a few minutes ago (I told you before, I know!) but I found this post and I'm so excited for you!! Both you are too cute... and the ring is OMG, perfect!!! I wish you the best, really from the heart! And now I can not wait to see the photos of the wedding!!!!!
    xx
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congratulations on the engagement...love your ring and that dress is gorgeous too!!

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats! Such a lovely story! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. You guys seems amazing! Thank you for sharing your story! The ring is gorgeous! Im also an european living in HK and dating HK guy ! Wish you all the best! You look so perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  27. BIG CONGRATS!! loveeeee your blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks Valencia Jewelry Store

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very Interesting and wonderful information keep sharing this post kindly check
    download qooapp for ios

    ReplyDelete
  30. There is no doubt in the app you can easily download the app the most exciting features are waiting for you can easily go with, so Download TutuApp APK Official App For Android, iOS devices, iPad, iPhone TutuApp Free iOS. There are nothing extra features required in this app because the most important items are already available in his update versions. Download Latest Version. Also love Snaptube For PC. These are some features of Tubemate Apk you can easily know about this app when you use because if we use any app without any information then we lost in the app and never get the best information about what to do next in the app.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks For Share, The Tutu App For iOS, Android and PC Latest Version. Get Premium apps free and enjoy lots of new games.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia