November 25, 2012

Passion by Gerard Dubois


Ah, Sunday, beloved Sunday...! There is no denying this is one of my favorite days of the week! Today was even more special because I had something to celebrate. Yesterday was 1 year since I started working in my current company. It's the longest I've ever been in a company so this first anniversary had to be celebrated! So J and I made of this our excuse to go to Passion today, a French style bakery and cafe by chef Gerard Dubois, and boy did we love it!






Passion by Gerard Dubois made me feel as if back to Europe again. With delicious French pastries and petit fours, and illy coffee accompanied with Italian biscotti. 


We had a Peach Danish of superb quality. I've only ever eaten a similar quality one at Mandarin Oriental's Cake Shop. We also had the Rasberry mille-feuilles, another masterpiece to remember. Our third choice was the Passion chocolat, which turned out to have some passion fruit inside. For one reason or another I didn't really like this one, but then chocolate cakes are never my favorite.



This is a cafe worth a visit. On weekends you may need to wait before a table is free, but it's all worth it!

Visited on: 25 November, 2012
Overall quality: 4.5*
Price: $170 for two cafe latte, one pastry and two petit fours.
Value for Money: 4.5*
Would I recommend it? Yes, and when you do come, you will want to come back, for there are so many things to try, you can't possibly eat them all in one visit!


14 comments:

  1. Ah, the sweets do look so delicious! :)
    I hope you will have fun & be happy in you company for many more years to come!

    Follow the Royal Peach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks soooooo tasty!! :)

    http://semjeitonenhum.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow , mmmm ilove it
    kisss

    thechicmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fine pics = DD

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    new post

    ReplyDelete
  5. my God, i can't look at this cakes! i have diet, hahah :)
    amazing pics, really very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!

    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ALL THE FOOD LOOKS SO YUMMY! I WANT TO TRY THEM ALL!

    xoxo
    www.jemenfousss.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post, love your sweater!
    your blog is great, I am following you now on gfc (262) and bloglovin (74)
    hope that you can visit my blog :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so very lucky to dine and sample in the finest places in Hong Kong... Love reading your food posts. Congrats for staying longer than a year in your job. May I ask what you do? Am curious =^^= I'm defo a foodie so your blog is right up my street!

    Jenny xoxo

    http://suprajen888.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oke now I am very hungry, yum! I love your chic dress.

    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia