November 27, 2012

Main St. Deli: a slice of The Big Apple in Hong Kong


A couple of weeks ago I passed by a restaurant that reminded me deeply of my days in New York. I was in a rush and didn't even have time to take a look at the name, but I later on did some research and found out it's Langham Hotel's Main St. Deli, a typical New York deli. The place looked gorgeous and the reviews were good, so I couldn't wait to try it out! Last Saturday we finally had the chance to go, right after finishing our proposal reenactment photoshoot (pics coming up tomorrow by the way so stay tunned!).





We had a burger each. I had the Blue Ribbon beef burger, with blue cheese and caramelized onion, while J had the Monster beef burger with the biggest onion rings I've ever seen! But then everything at Main St. Deli is huge. I'm guessing it's an American thing. One foot long hot dogs and huge cake slices are among the craziness of this place! You can find their menu in pdf here.





The burgers come with fries or salad, or you can add HK$8 to upgrade to sweet potatoes, curly or Idaho fries. I had sweet potatoes and J had the regular fries.
The burgers were truly delicious (the crispy onion rings were the best I ever had!) and they are now our second favorites in town, right after BLT burger in Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, our absolute winner. I really want to try the burgers at Hard Rock Cafe in Hong Kong because I've had them in other Hard Rock Cafes around the world and looove them! Only after having tried those I can do a proper burger ranking in Hong Kong!





Visited on: November 24, 2012 
Overall Quality: 4.5*
Price: KH$148 + 10% service charge for an 8oz burger with fries (-15% with HSBC credit card!)
Value for Money: 4.5*
Would I recommend it? Oh yes! A yummy New York style deli in Hong Kong! What is there not to like!?

12 comments:

  1. mmm those look delicious, can't wait to see the pictures!
    xx Marisa
    http://eternalsunshine-mrb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Goodness, thos onions rings are huge indeed. :o
    I like his bugrer in the last pic, it looks so unnaturally big... I hope he didn't try to tactually take a bit off of it like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I would have taken a video if he had tried that believe me...

      Delete
  3. Wow! Great interior design of the resto.
    Amazing food photography.
    I am actually really hungry right now.

    www.fashionerza.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. The burgers look so delicious sweetheart ;)

    R.

    http://rougezo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. guga...i love it!!!

    TODAY IN MY BLOG, outfits with winter garments,
    http://eltrasterodecris.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The burger looks yummy! Hope i could try some day!

    Love u honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que fort, jo hi vaig anar divendres i tu dissabte...
    Molt xules les engagement photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was ok but I think HH Gourmet in Shekou makes much better food. HH Gourmet makes everything themselves -- Bagels, pastrami, corned beef, and much more. They have many desserts to select from. Worth a trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia