November 22, 2012

Getting Pampered at Kiwi Spa

This month I was lucky to be one of the bloggers to be invited to the newly open Kiwi Spa in Central. Kiwi Spa was launched on November the 1st, and I was sent a press release and an invitation for a 30 minutes foot massage to be used within November.


Upon my arrival at the spa, I was warmly welcomed by the staff, and directed towards the foot massage room. I had read Kiwi Spa offers iPads for you to browse the internet while getting pampered but during my visit there were no iPads to be seen. Oh well. Sooner than I knew it, I was wrapped in green towels and my feet were getting soaked on a hot water bassin. I relaxed like this for about 5 minutes while sipping my drink {complimentary tea or water} until the masseur arrived and 30 minutes of foot massage indulgence followed. I can tell the guy knew what he was doing! The massage felt like glory to me after having been sick that day, and when the time was up my body was still craving for more.




I have had foot massages plenty of times, most of the times in Mainland China. The prices in China beat the ones in Hong Kong by so much. An hour massage in Shenzhen, half an hour from Hong Kong by train, would cost less than HK$60 (US$8), while in Hong Kong the price goes up to a rocketing HK$300 (US$39), and that's already considered cheap! In this sense Kiwi Spa beats other spas in Hong Kong with more affordable prices but keeping the good quality. The 30 minutes massage I had is priced at HK$150, the 50 minutes one at HK$215 and the 75 minutes one at HK$285.




If I had to make a guess, I'd say Kiwi Spa is about 60 square meters in total. Used to the big spas in China, this made quite a difference! Kiwi Spa has 8 seats for foot massage, and two individual rooms for body massage.

Kiwi Spa is conveniently located in Century Square, at the heart of the Lan Kwai Fong area. With long opening hours from 10am till midnight and good prices for Hong Kong standards, there's no excuse not to fit a massage into your schedule! 



Kiwi Spa
14/F, Century Square
1-13 D'Aguilar Street, Central


7 comments:

  1. refreshing and looks wonderful !!!
    :) kisses

    R.

    http://rougezo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go!!!!

    Today in my blog, sweet post, cupcakes
    http://eltrasterodecris.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really a great post I have ever seen. Its an amazing experience. I would like to visit it again and again. because I need some more information.
    Thanks!

    Massage Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I heard bad things about the Kiwi, honestly I heard it was a tourist trap.

    Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a try myself before I judge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Kiwi is an inexpensive and Nice place to get a foot massage and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spas therapy are especially known to be deemed among the best available in world.Mainly pain free foot massager therapy is famous any other therapys.It,s work very amazing and relax able.You can try this.Visit- http://www.foottherapy.net.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter which brand of spa you finally choose, we want you to be an informed consumer and have a satisfying spa experience.lazyspa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia