August 16, 2012

Fashion magazines: China edition. A must-read.


As a Hong Kong fashionista, one cannot miss the chance to buy the Chinese edition of global fashion magazines. Our Hong Kong edition is a must-read too, of course, but we often tend to forget about the puissance of the country at our doorstep. Magazines such as Vogue, Elle, L'Officiel or Bazaar, have made of the Mainland their top-one priority. It is no wonder: CLSA Asia-Pacific forecasts Chinese consumers will buy 45% of the world's luxury goods by 2020, making luxury brands more than willing to spend on advertising in the Chinese luxury publications. A recent report by Hurun Research Institute claims that 1 out of every 1,300 people in Mainland China are millionaires (have more than 1 million euros worth of assets), and the obsession of China's newly rich with high-end fashion and luxury brands is well known to all. With a population of over 1.3 billion, this makes almost 1 million Chinese millionaires!

These fashion magazines in China have no trouble in getting revenue from advertising, which makes it not hard to guess why recently Chinese editions have been producing the best fashion photoshoots, shooting with the top Chinese and international models in the European fashion capitals, hiring the most renowned photographers, and coming up with a result that is envied by their sister titles worldwide. Because these magazines' concern is not funding but market reach, all they want is for people to actually read their magazine. The logic is simple: the more people reads a magazine, the more money brands will be willing to pay to advertise in it.This has resulted in a price war frenzy with high-quality issues priced as low as RMB10.

I recommend spending a day per month in the Mainland, buying magazines, shopping and indulging yourselves in never-ending massages, all for less than you can imagine!


In the picture, Elle China September 2012 edition, priced at RMB10. Elle China is now published by-monthly.

34 comments:

  1. Thanks,for the follow on bloglovin.<3 Follow you back.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE THIS EDITION SO MUCH...I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL I GET THE NEXT ONE. CHECK OUT THE PROVERBS...NEW READERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO JOIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it ! Good post,following you now,xo

    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! Sure, we can follow us on Bloglovin.
    I added you to my list :-) xoxo Kira *schuhReich*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get my hands on a Hong Kong issue!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having some me time and indulging in some of my favorite fashion magazines has to be one of life's little pleasures!! :)

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cool! And that is amazing you are in Hong Kong I really want to go there and visit a old friend! Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog! Would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?

    Nico and Bri
    www.lovecharliej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Vogue anything for reading!!! Can't go wrong. Cute blog, I've followed you on GFC and bloglovin, follow back? xx

    Marla
    www.trendstruck.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading magazines and I wish I could see the Hong Kong issues or Chinese ones. It would be interesting to see the difference between those and The US ones and Spanish ones!
    - Gaby
    From Rags to Glam

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg my latest blog post is about a foreign mag too! love it

    xx stephanie

    http://musingsofacupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi again hehe, yess i actually really like your blog so i'll follow you on blogspot! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a good mag.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. super blog!I follow you ;)

    xoxo:LittleMucli


    littlemucli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! I'm a subscriber of Elle HK Version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Following you!:)

    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow I´m definetly following you,your blog is so classy! maybe you could follow me also?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fab! I adore your blog love!
    If you get a moment come check out my latest post!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are enjoying it! I can't wait to get my hands on the new InStyle :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the photos Great post, thanks for sharing! if you like we can follow each other via gfc and bloglovin :) let me know!

    www.modishYou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! Of course we can follow each other on bloglovin and GFC, I'll do that right now and I hope that you will follow back!

    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, good! I like your blog, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello~ thank you so much for your kind words!
    of course! let's follow each other then~ i've added you on my bloglovin' just now!
    and wow, so you are in HK? that is so cool~
    how's is it like there?

    ReplyDelete
  23. great blog dear <3 It's so pretty <3<3<3 I've also a blog :) If do you like also we could follow each other :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. God, I just love ELLE! :)
    check out my new post ♥ http://madeleine-atelier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and sounds wonderful! Tough you can't get magazines from other parts of the world here in Ireland :<

    ReplyDelete
  26. And sure thing! Just followed you :)
    - Gaby
    From Rags to Glam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, thank you for visiting my page! & I love Asian magazines. makes me want to go visit my family in China! & I love all the food pictures you have on you blog! yummmm

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. aww i wanna have this magazines too!
    Dear, i'm following u on gfc and blogloving!
    Really hope we'll keep in touch!
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable blog dear, thank you for the comment :) Following you now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia