August 24, 2012

We were robbed last night


I've been so sad today at the news by mom has given me... We got robbed at our house in Barcelona last night. We suspect the assailants came in through the front door, which was just shut but not locked. Stunning as it is, the door was not forced, nor was the safe, yet everything is gone. From LV bags to cash and, most importantly, all our jewelry including some which had been in our family for a very long time. Some of our jewelry obviously carried sentimental value, and losing it has been rough to say the least. Our place was empty during the burglary, except for our fat cat who probably didn't even notice someone came in. The scientific police stopped by this morning and said the burglars were unfortunately wearing gloves, so they could not find any fingerprints.
This has been a pretty severe blow to my family, but we shall be fine...

11 comments:

  1. Sad news indeed but I hope everything gets better !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is bad, we hope you´ll have a better time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear the bad news. i'm not sure why i wasn't following you before on gfc, because i could swear i was, but anyways, following you now! hope everything works out for the best.

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awful! I'm glad no one in your got hurt or anything like that. I hope you'll be able to recover from the material lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is so sad, some people are out to make a living by taking other's prized possessions. :-( hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you! I know how it is, the same thing happend to me this summer while i was in my house in Spain :( Its just soo annoying and unnecessary!Hope u are ok sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so sorry to hear what happened. It’s pretty tough to cope after a robbery, especially if the things that were taken were important ones. Not just important in financial value, but also has a lot of sentimental value. Still, we must all be thankful that no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Olivia! That’s scary! Don’t you have any security alarm system at your home? The intruders could’ve been caught if you had a security camera or an alarm. It’s a lesson learned. Why don’t you install a security system there to keep this from happening again? Those valuable items could’ve been saved. Well, let’s just be thankful that no one was there when it happened, which could’ve been a lot worse. ->-Odessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one thing that I don't want to happen, so I make sure that I have a great security system in my home. I may not stop them from stealing some of my precious belongings, but I’ll make sure that they wouldn't be able to run as easily. They will definitely get caught with their hands in the cookie jar by the security cameras around the house.

    American Security Group

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. Moreno Valley Jewelry Store

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia