August 30, 2012

Paul Lafayet


Hong Kongers, we have something to celebrate! I've recently discovered another Ispahan in town! Remember how I got all excited upon discovery of Sift's Ispahan, and begged you to tell me whether other patissiers offered this delicatessen in Hong Kong? Well, about ten days ago, I visited the newly opened shopping mall in Causeway Bay, Hysan Place, to take a look at the new complex and see how I liked it. I loved it, and after only a week since its inauguration, you could already tell the place is going to be a success. I wandered around the shops, Jason's the supermaket, and the mesmerising Eslite bookstore, and then had dinner at Sen-ryo, the Japanese restaurant on the 12th floor. When I was about to go out in the Ground Floor, I saw Paul Lafayet has a tiny store in Hysan Place as well! It's mostly for take away, but there's four seats in the bar. My eyes stumbled upon the Ispahan as if it was magnetised. Paul Lafayet calls it "Rose and Raspberry Macaron", so no "Ispahan" name there, but we all can recognise an Ispahan when we see one. This one doesn't come with the eye-catching details on top, namely a raspberry and a fresh rose petal, but the rest is the same.



I liked the fact that the lychee was sweetened to the point that it lost all sourness. Since I don't like to eat lychee as a fruit, I enjoyed this sweet technique. Overall this Ispahan was delicious and I highly recommend it (5*). On an aesthetic note, I missed the details on top that I mentioned.



As you can see from the pics, we also had the Chocolate Craquelin (5*), a must-try for dark chocolate lovers. I loved everything in this petit-four: intense dark chocolate flavor and the most amazing of all the textures in the base: crispy praline that explodes in your mouth just to melt immediately afterwards.

Overall Quality: 5*
Price: HK$40 per petit-four
Value for Money: 5*
Visited on: 19 August, 2012
Would I recommend it? Yes, chocoholics can't miss out on the Chocolate Craquelin

27 comments:

  1. Too pretty to eat!!!! Great blog and you are beautiful!!!

    Follow each other???

    ****LAST day to enter the CHANEL handbag giveway on www.fashion-a-holic.com*****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. - Cô là con gái của viện trưởng, cô cũng họ hàn, cô...

      - Không sai, ta chính là nữ nhân khó coi.

      Hàn Nguyệt lại hung hăng véo tai của Nhạc Thành.

      - Các ngươi...

      Nhạc Thành nhìn Hàn Giang Đào và Hàn Nguyệt hai người thì thấy hai người này không thể giống nhau.

      Nhìn thấy Hàn Nguyệt thu thập Nhạc Thành, Hàn Giang Đào cũng chỉ có thể bất đắc dĩ nói với hắn:

      - Không có biện pháp, đứa nhỏ này từ bé đã đi theo mẹ củ c rồi, ta nói với ngươi chuyện thứ ba.
      đồng tâm
      game mu
      cho thuê nhà trọ
      cho thuê phòng trọ
      nhac san cuc manh
      số điện thoại tư vấn pháp luật miễn phí
      văn phòng luật
      tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
      dịch vụ thành lập công ty trọn gói
      http://we-cooking.com/
      chém gió
      Hàn Giang Đào nghiêm mặt nói:

      - Ngươi trong lòng đất gặp phải chuyện gì, hai tháng nay Đấu khí và ma pháp học viện đã không còn linh khí, đây là một đả kích lớn đối với hai học viện.

      Từ khi lòng đất sụp đổ, hai đại học viện đã không còn linh khí, Hàn Giang Đào và

      Delete
  2. yummmm that looks soo tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! I can eat a million of those raspberry macarons! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks tasty and yummyyy :-)
    I like your blog and I'm your new follower now, Positive Fountain, that's me.
    Hope you can follow me back. Thank you :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Can you send me some?! haha!
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sure look delicious! btw I just moved to a new blog! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amazing foodie adventures make me so hungry all the time. I love macarons to death.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. woooooow! i'm gonna be having a sugar rush after these!! hahaha! so sweet and delicious.. you make me hungry much! hahah :)
    HAVE A BRILLIANT DAY!!!
    greetings from ヽ(^。^)ノ

    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

    ヽ(●^o^●)ノ
    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope that they are tasty... thank you for sharing ;)

    R.

    http://rougezo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are good enough to eat!!!
    Enjoy this fabulous place ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so yummy!!!

    XOXO,

    http://outfitidentifier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummie. Looks delicious :-)

    Happy weekend!

    Xo
    http://myscrambledstyle.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy..it looks so delicious.. (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummiiiii!!!
    your blog is great maybe you´ll chedck mine and we follow each other!? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my... that looks delectable!!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. it look so delicious :D I'm your new follower! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Blog!!! Wanna follow each other on Bloglovin & GFC??? xoxo from Rome

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Following you back on both!!! xoxo

      www.rockandfrock.com

      Delete
  18. Looks so delicious ^^
    Thank u for stopping by my blog and for ur sweet comment ^^
    I follow u back on GFC and Bloglovin #40

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness, that looks amazing!!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks yumyyy!

    Do you wanna follow each other?

    http://oanna-w.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  21. yummyyy...
    thanks for visiting my blog n leaving a comment :)

    i loved ur blog too....

    would u like to follow each other?

    lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  22. yummyyy, that looks tasty :)

    sissly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. yummy, that looks delicious :))) Thank you for your comment on my blog:) Following you now:)

    http://fashiiones.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia