February 27, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: The girls


I have been giving a lot of thought to whether I should have bridesmaids in my wedding in Barcelona. Bridesmaids are not popular when it comes to weddings in Spain, so I almost went with the flow and forgot about the idea. 

I've always known I'll be having bridesmaids in my wedding in Hong Kong because it is a big tradition here. And I am seriously so excited about it, about having my girlfriends sharing my big day with me not as mere guests but as sisters. That's when I thought I couldn't miss the chance to experience this with my best friends since childhood, my best friends back in Spain. 

Even though we live so far away, they are helping me so much with the wedding planning, and I seriously couldn't do it without them. Soraya is the one who convinced me on having bridesmaids, she practically begged me, and Marta, a wedding-planner herself, gives me precious advise without me even having to ask. Marta also took the responsibility of organizing my bridal shower, which will be in early April, when I go back to Barcelona for some days. 

These girls have been giving me their support since day 1, since I said I was engaged, and have been sharing my excitement all along. I'm so thankful for having friends like them. I'll have four bridesmaids in total, Maria and Eva being the other two. They were all thrilled when I asked them to be, even though I haven't asked formally yet, I'm still preparing the "Will you be my bridesmaid?" cards with my ever improving Illustrator skills. I just wanted to tell them beforehand because I was afraid some of them would buy a dress for my wedding while I was busy preparing the bridesmaids cards... I couldn't let that happen because my idea is for all of them to wear the same dress, that I will tailor made for them in China :)

I think bridesmaids make a wedding PRETTIER and MERRIER, and I can't wait to see the result!  What are your thoughts on bridesmaids?

Picture via One Wed
 

10 comments:

  1. I can't imagine not having bridesmaids. I think you made a good choice :)
    ~Andrea
    www.wearitbetter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh...you almost made me cry. It's tru...I begged her to have brides maids LOL

    Can't wait!!!

    Love you S

    ReplyDelete
  3. May this photo mean something?!?!? I'm so glad being you bridemaid! It's a big honour! Thank you so much!!!

    can't wait too!!!

    Lov U!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! quina ilu i que guai!!! q contentes que estem totes,oi? serà increible!!! :) mooolt i moooolt happy!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisisiis!!!quina grandiosa idea!!!!sereu uns formoses floretes en plena primaveraaa!!!! Kina emoci

    *julia*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?


    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Olivia,

    Thanks for following and I've now followed you back.

    Would you be wearing a traditional Chinese wedding dress?

    Congratulations by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah we always have bridesmaids in every Asian's wedding... it sounds fun & exciting! <3
    btw im following you on GFC and hope you'll follow back.. thanks & congratz for the engagement... ;)

    glorychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi girl! I've just find your blog and it's amazing! love this pictureeeee!
    Do you want to follow each other via GFC ?
    xoxo

    www.becatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia