February 15, 2013

The best High Tea in Hong Kong - The Ritz-Carlton


I have a new High Tea crush. I tried it, loved it, and keep thinking about it. It's the High Tea from The Lounge & Bar, at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong. Amazing atmosphere, decor, views, food quality and presentation make of this my new favorite high tea in Hong Kong.
The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong is one of the highest hotels in Asia, occupying the 102 to 118 floors of the International Commerce Centre (ICC), Hong Kong's tallest building. The Ritz Carlton has two choices for high tea, a traditional one on the 102nd floor at The Lounge and Bar, and the signature chocolate afternoon tea on the 103th floor at Café 103.





The High Tea at The Lounge & Bar was everything one could wish for when it comes to a perfect high tea experience. Being the second tallest High Tea in Hong Kong right after the one just above on Café 103, the views from The Lounge & Bar are stunning! I loved the grand and modern ambiance too, very different from the traditional decor you would picture for an English afternoon tea, and this made it even the more special. The tables are spacious and not too close to each other, so even though the restaurant was full on our visit, the atmosphere was totally relaxing, as an afternoon tea is supposed to be!  The food was delicious, and the whole experience was magical. I couldn't recommend this afternoon tea enough!



Visited on: February 8, 2013
Overall Quality: 5*
Price:
548 + 10% service charge for a tea set for two ($568 on weekends)
Value for Money: 5*
Would I recommend it? If someone visited Hong Kong and wanted to go for high tea, this is where I would take them, and that's all that needs to be said :)


20 comments:

  1. lovely photos! The place looks stunning, the view would definitely be amazing from that high up :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, looks so delicious and fancy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum,yum... it all looks super delicious... :D

    http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks absolutely magical, and the cakes look delicious! I've never been to high tea before and I know there are plenty of amazing places here in London where I could go to. Perhaps I should treat my mother-in-law soon and take her out - I can only imagine an afternoon in a lovely place like this one would be very memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos always look so delicious! I'm jealous :B

    ladyindo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks delicious! Amazing spot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This places looks fabulous and the food looks delicious!

    Nita
    travelinginflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow looks incredible!

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey dear! i just found your blog and fell in love with it! followed immediately, plus those pictures look incredible (& yummi!) i always look for making new friends so maybe you'll like to come and visit me at my 'home' as well?

    viktoriadimitrova.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a great place! So beautyful!!! And you are a godess!
    Ann
    http://somethingsworthtrying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am travelling to Singapore on 10th July and onto HK on 16th July, I'm treating my dad to a bucket list tour and we start with the first bit of his list with afternoon tea at Raffles in Singapore washed down with a few slings. I was looking at The Pennisula & The Ritz Carlton to enjoy tea in HK, I couldn't decide which one but this review tipped the balance for me and I have just emailed to make a reservation. I have worked in hospitality all my life to a very high standard so my expectations are high, this place looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for helping with the decision making process and I will let you know after if its all that you say it is (my point of view of curse)


    A big thanks

    Mark (lives in Qatar)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark, glad I could help! Please do let me know how you like it. Let me know about Raffles, too, I'd love to visit one day!

      Delete

  12. We take the frustration out of parking management for Apartments, Home Owners Associations, Condominiums, Townhouses Co-ops, and other parking areas.
    Webparkingsoftware.com has reinvented how parking management should be done.

    Guest parking

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks divine! Im visiting Hong Kong in a few weeks….do you have a favourite High tea at the moment worth trying? I was thinking Sevva or a place where there may be a festive xmas theme? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post! cara mengobati paru-paru basah cara menyembuhkan bronkitis kronis

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you think your income is going to increase considerably in the future, choose something that is expensive enough for your means. phoenix pizza restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mebel yaitu bikin gerobak jualan bandung memperindah ruang. Jadi yang harga gerobak bandung interior yang dipakai sebagai pelengkap. Terkecuali harga kitchen set per meter lari perusahaan. Dan Jika harga sofa minimalis murah di bandung yang akan sewa kantor jakarta ini menjadi sofa bed murah bandung salah satu lahan bisnis.

    Bahan dan warna mebel kitchen set murah dan berkualitas. Pikirkan bahan mebel, berapa harga membuat kitchen set atau logam. Ke-2 berapa biaya membuat kitchen set dan kekurangan. Keunggulan jual gendongan bayi hanaroo murah dan apik. Sedang parfum oriflame cowok yang enak sedang perawatanya lebih gampang jual furniture minimalis modern dibanding kayu.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia