April 8, 2016

One Day Getaway from Barcelona: Banyoles + Besalú


The hubby had been asking me to go on a Sunday getaway for the whole winter, but being it so cold, who would want to go out anywhere for the whole day?? So when the weather got all spring-like we knew it was our chance! 


And so we on a 1-day getaway we went! It was the hubby who chose the location this time, and it was Banyoles, a town an hour and a half away from Barcelona. 



The most typical thing in Banyoles is its huge natural lake. Lots of water sports take place in it, and going on a stroll or riding around it is absolutely wonderful. 


We rented a couple bikes, one of which had a cute chair for Liam at the front. Honestly, I had never seen a baby chair like this one. All the ones I had ever seen were at the back, and we loved this one! Liam had a blast being able to see everything and getting a hold of the handlebar! 



During our ride around the lake, I accidentally saw a road sign to Besalú at just 7km away! Besalú is one of my favorite medieval towns ever, it's absolutely gorgeous. 


I didn't know we were that close, and of course after lunch off we went to Besalú! I did a video too and hopefully I can upload it on my YouTube channel soon :)


I would love it if you guys want to leave some 1-day or weekend getaway trip ideas (from Barcelona!) below in the comments! =)


6 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family :)

    http://checkinonline.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures. They are stunning! Seems like you guys enjoyed your get-away :D this is def a place I'll remember if I come around Spain one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great spot or place to go and attend an event while eating and trying lesser known things. Prices at the event venues are very reasonable and the staff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. day tours barcelona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia