March 20, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: I got my wedding dress!



J and I spent last weekend fully immersed in my wedding gown search in Guangzhou, China. Guangzhou has a huge avenue called Wedding Street filled up with all things wedding, mainly wedding gowns, totally awesome! I'll eventually have to do a full post on it because it's probably unique in the world. It should be called Wedding City instead, it's THAT big! But that's for another day :)

As I had previously told you, I was almost sure of the wedding dress I was going to get, and I just had to do some alterations to it so that it could be perfect, or so I thought. And then, on Saturday morning, I tried a wedding gown that took my breath away, and J's breath, too! {Yes, J saw me with the dress, we're doing this Chinese style rather than Western style, where couples go buy the dresses together!} It was totally what I was looking for. It brightened my face, it looked gorgeous on me, and it made me look like a royal princess. Yes, this is exactly the feeling both J and I had. And we loved it!!! We went back to the store of the dress I had previously in mind and realized the "new" dress was way more ME

So now you know that I got a lace wedding gown that makes me look like a princess... And that's all I'm allowed to say!

It was meant to be, I guess! :)))


Picture via David Jones


15 comments:

  1. Jo vull veure el vestit JA!!! :)

    Un petó

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enhorabuena!!! Seguro que estás guapísima...
    Un saludo,

    Trini
    http://yoadoroviajar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, good for you! I'm deadly afraid of the idea of getting married.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. catching up on your blog since i've been off the blogosphere for the last few months. Wedding prep HOW EXCITING! cannot wait to see all the photos!!!

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
  5. with all things wedding, mainly wedding gowns, totally awesome! I'll eventually have to do a full post on it because it's probably unique in the world. It should be called Wedding City instead, it's THAT big! But that's for another day :) modest bridesmaid dresses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog.sweetquinceaneradress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, all the collection wedding dress is awesome. I am also looking to purchase branded Lace Wedding Dresses to wear on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress which you have shared here looks amazing. I am also looking forward to purchase backless wedding dresses for my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the dress looks awesome and truly like it. I am impressed with the information you have posted in this article. Beach Wedding Dresses Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.for information regarding designer gowns on rent please visit to the link
    Timeless Treasures – Indian Wedding Bridal Sarees

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you recommend some stores you visited

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are looking for wedding dress shops brisbane then visit Sew Master Fashions. It is one of the best online wedding dress shop which offer custom made gowns, bridal alterations and vintage restorations to family heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. wedding gown preservation kit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very informative post. I really do hope and pray this stuff works!
    Best Wedding Gowns Designer in Chennai /

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia