September 14, 2012

Mochi Sweets


Today I want to introduce you to one of my favorite things in Hong Kong: japanese frozen mochis from Mochi Sweets. You already know about my obsession with cupcakes but what if I told you that I enjoy these japanese delicacies even more? 



A mochi is a round-shaped rice cake made of glutinous rice, traditionally made in Japan in a ceremony called Mochitsuki. The mochis from Mochi Sweets are frozen and come with a flavored cream inside. You need to wait 20 minutes in summer, or 40 minutes in winter, to eat them after purchase. They come in 15 different flavors, from the traditional Red bean to modern creations such as Mango Yoghurt or Chocolate mousse, with all the ingredients being flown in from Japan. I've tried almost all of them, and my absolute favorite is the Sakura mochi, followed by the Green tea mochi. 





I've tried many mochis in my life, even in Japan itself, from normal ones to the modern mochi ice cream, but the ones from Mochi Sweets are the most amazing of them all. Perfect flavour and texture, I'm just totally addicted!
There's three stores in Hong Kong as follows, one in Hong Kong island and two in Kowloon:
- L010 G/F, Jusco Kornhill Store, Kornhill Plaza (North), 2 Kornhill road, Quarry Bay.
- Shop UC-SP4, Upper ConcourseLevel, APM, Millenium City 5, 418 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong.
- Basement Level 1, The Sun Arcade, 28 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui.
The one I always go to is the one in APM, Kwun Tong.




Overall Quality: 5*
Price: $11-$15 depending on the mochi
Value for Money: 5*
Would I recommend it? Absolutely!

18 comments:

  1. Hi pretty lady!
    Your blog is very cool :) I'm your new follower! Waiting for you :)
    Xoxoxo

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM. It looks good!Nice blog. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks yummy! like this post!

    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous post and blog :) I am a follower! x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how to combine: strength, style and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post,looks so yummy!
    I love your blog! Would you like to follow each other? I'm following you now on GFC. :)
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... I've heard of them, and that they taste delicious.
    On the card you're holding, it says 'Peach Cream'. Totally my flavour! :)

    P.S.: Thank you, I'll follow you now, & then I'll read a bit more through your blog.
    P.P.S.: I wish you a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I nearly had a heart attack now, my mouth is watering so badly!!! I love mochi, but they are very hard to find here in Brazil. I always have them when I go to São Paulo! These ones seem so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AAAAAAAAAAAA, all of this looks so yummi :D suddenly I feel huge urge to eat something insanly sweet :D

    http://littlemisstwiggy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks very very yummy, hmmmm :-))
    Loveeeee Kira *schuhReich*

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I love sweets no words can say!!! Adorable post, I would eat each of these wonderful stuff:)!!!!
    I wish you great time ahead!

    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, i want to eat it! :D
    + followed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhhh looks soooo good!

    xx
    Jenny / Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks soo yummy! How'd you like to follow each other?

    LOve,Nyt
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, love these desserts! Whenever I visit HK, I always get mine from Langham Place in Mong Kok.

    Feel free to check out my blog

    Jen xoxo

    http://suprajen888.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia