September 30, 2012

L'Oréal Hydrafresh Review


I have been using L'Oréal Hydrafresh range for over a year now as my daily moisturizer. Hydrafresh comes in two versions: Hydrafresh for Normal and Combination Skin (green one), or Hydrafresh for Dry and Sensitive Skin (pink one). I have a normal to combination skin, which is why the one I always use is the green version. Once in Spain though, I run out of daily moisturizer and could only find the pink one, so I decided to give it a try. I'd say both of these moisturizers are great value for money. This is specially true in Europe where they cost around 7 euros. The price here in Asia is about doubled, as with most of the products imported from Europe.



Hydrafresh Aqua-Essence (green one) is a really good product. Thanks to it being a gel, it feels extremely light and it provides a soothing feeling immediately after application. I love to use it under my BB cream (I almost never use foundation, but let me tell you more about that in another post). BB Cream is like a tinted moisturizer, so you don't really need to use a base before applying it, but my skin has always felt much better with some sort of protection from it. I've been reading some people's reviews on the Hydrafresh for Normal and Combination skin, and a lot of them seem to complain about this product not being hydrating enough. I'd like to point out that this is a gel moisturizer specially designed for combination skin. The words gel + combination combined, should already make you notice that this is going to be a very light moisturizer. It is definitely not recommended for people with dry skin, or even for people with combination skin during cold winters.
The pink version, for Dry and Sensitive Skin, it's a cream rather than a gel, and it's a bit too oily for me. I guess it will be better in winter, but as for now I don't really use it. This is in fact my 3rd bottle of the green version, but I wouldn't repurchase the pink one. I guess it's my fault for buying a product that is not for my skin type!





Overall Quality: 4.5*
Price: HK$125-$139
Value for Money: 4.5*
Would I recommend it? Yes, I've repurchased the green moisturiser about three times. It's a very good option for an affordable daily moisturiser. If your skin is dry, go for the pink one!

4 comments:

  1. Your top is so cute! :)

    Gemma
    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes..i've been using this under my etudehouse moistful collagen bb cream and i luv the outcome.As i have combined skin,i think this moisturiser(green)is a good choice for me.Thanks to this moisturiser,i can apply my bb cream more easily and more blendable.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I agree with here. It really a very good product. Worth paying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia