November 20, 2015

Best Vegetable Lasagna Recipe

Seeing how my latest vlog on YouTube features a day at our beach house in which I cook a vegetable lasagna, I thought I'd right the detailed recipe here, in case any of you actually decides to give it a try, which I highly recommend! I know "best" is a subjective word, but to me this really is the yummiest lasagna I've ever eaten, no matter homemade (it took me a while until I got the PERFECT recipe), or in a restaurant. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This is the video I'm talking about btw:



Ok, so here we go, let's get this Lasagna started!


VEGETABLE LASAGNA:

Serves 4:

Ingredients: 
- Spinach (200g)
- Zuchini (1)
- Carrot (1)
- Eggplant (half)
- Tomato sauce (100g)
- Dried No-boil Lasagna Sheets (200g)
- 100 g Cheese (Emmental or Gouda, in slices or grated)
- Flour (75g)
- Butter (40g)
- Milk (1.5L)
- Salt
- Olive Oil

Utensils: 
- A pot
- A pan
- An oven-proof recipient to bake the lasagna (mine's 10x25cm glass)

1. Start by boiling the spinach leaves (with a pinch of salt). 10 minutes will do. Reserve.

2. Cut the zuchini and the carrot in slices or pieces, and sauté in the pan with olive oil and some salt until soft. Reserve.

3. Cut the eggplant in pieces and boil for about 5 minutes (with a pinch of salt). Then dry and sauté in the pan with olive oil for another 5 minutes. Reserve.

4. At this point, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

5. Take out the lasagna sheets you're going to use for your recipient (count 5 layers) and place them, one by one, on a hot water container, so that they can soak for around 10-15 minutes.

5. Bechamel sauce: Put the flour in a pot and keep moving until melted. Add the flour little by little until all blended in together. When this mixture is of sandy consistency, add milk, also little by little until, not adding more until the previous is already blended in. Add a pinch of salt in the process. The final consistency for this bechamel sauce should be liquid. 

6. Get the eggplant we reserved and put it in the blender. Add a bit of bechamel sauce and blend together. Reserve.

7. Time to start layering the lasagna!
7.1. Put the bottom lasagna sheets layer.
7.2. Place the spinach evenly.
7.2.1. Pour some bechamel sauce randomly on top
7.3. Second lasagna sheets layer
7.4. Place the zuchini and carrot evenly
7.4.1. Pour some bechamel sauce randomly on top
7.5. Third lasagna sheets layer
7.6. Pour the mixture of eggplant and bechamel sauce evenly
7.7. Fourth lasagna sheets layer
7.8. Pour tomato sauce evenly
7.9. Fifth and last lasagna sheets layer
7.10. Pour all the bechamel sauce evenly
7.11. Place the cheese on top

8. The lasagna is ready to go into the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.

If you want to see the recipe demonstration, I recommend watching the video I made. It wasn't originally intended to be a step-by-step demonstration, I just wanted to put it in my weekend vlog above, but it turned out really long, so I decided to fast-forward it in the vlog and just upload the recipe as a new video.



Enjoy!!!




2 comments:

  1. I love your kitchen! By the way, this veg lasagne looks very delicious, can't wait to try it. I really like the idea of putting the tomato sauce just as a layer and to mix the eggplant with the bechamel sauce. I would maybe just add a little bit of nutmeg in the bechamel sauce.
    I also wanted to send you my best wishes for your new adventure on YouTube! You are doing great! And you're getting better and better every video you upload! I am a follower <3
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vale! I hope you'll like it. Oh, yes, definitely much better with nutmeg, you're so right. I just always forget to get some when I go grocery shopping >.<

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I truly appreciate them!

xx Olivia